Ventilatory Limitations and Exercise Intolerance after the Fontan Procedure
Principal Investigator: Dr. Jordan Guenette
We are recruiting healthy participants to act as controls for a study investigating breathing responses and sensory perceptions in individuals with Fontan circulation during cycling exercise.
- 18 years of age or older
- Free of any history or symptoms of heart, lung or any other disease that could influence exercise performance
- Non-smoking, currently or history of < 10 pack-years (Pack-years is the number of cigarettes smoked per day by the number of years a person smoked)
- Can fluently read and write in English
If a participant is eligible he/she will be asked to come to St. Paul’s Hospital for 1 visit:
- Questionnaires and resting breathing tests followed by an incremental exercise test on an upright stationary bicycle.
- The study will take approximately 3 hours.
If you are interested, please contact Satvir Dhillon at (t) 604-806-8835,
(e) firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.