Principal Investigator: Dr. Jordan Guenette
We are recruiting MALE and FEMALE healthy recreational and competitive road cyclists and triathletes for a study investigating how different bicycle riding positions effect the mechanics of breathing.
- Male or female
- 19-49 years of age (inclusive)
- Normal lung function as per % predicted values for age and sex
- Body mass index greater than 18 or less than 30 kg/m2
- Able to read and understand English
- Regularly trains and/or competes at a regional, national or international level as a road cyclist or triathlete
Participation involves two visits:
- Visit 1: Breathing tests followed by an exercise test (VO2MAX test) on an upright stationary bicycle.
- Visit 2: Breathing tests followed by a cycling test at a constant intensity in three common riding positions.
- Each visit will take approximately 3 hours for a total of 6 hours over 2 visits.
Participants will receive an honorarium and a detailed fitness assessment.
If interested please contact:
(t) 778 822 2453 (e) email@example.com