Principal Investigator: Dr. Jordan Guenette
We are recruiting a group of healthy participants to act as controls for a study investigating breathlessness in individuals with interstitial lung disease during cycling exercise. We aim to determine if breathing supplemental oxygen can improve breathlessness and exercise capacity.
- Between 40-80 years (inclusive)
- Healthy – free of cardiovascular disease or lung disease (including a history of asthma)
- Non-smoking (current of smoked less than 20 packs per year in the past)
If a participant is eligible he/she will be asked to come to St. Paul’s Hospital for 4 visits:
- First and second visits: Resting breathing tests followed by an exercise tesr on an upright stationary bicycle.
- Third and fourth visits: Resting breathing tests followed by a cycling test while breathing either room air of high oxygen.
- Each visit will take approximately 4 hours.
- Total time commitment – A total of 16 hours over 4 visits.
If you are interested please contact Michele Schaeffer at (t) 604-806-8835, (e) firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.