VOLUNTEER SUBJECTS NEEDED FOR AN EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY STUDY AT ST. PAUL’S HOSPITAL
Principle Investigator: William Sheel, Ph.D.
Co-Investigators: Jordan Guenette, Ph.D., Jeremy Road, M.D., Yannick Molgat-Seon, M.Sc.
We are recruiting a group of healthy participants for a study investigating the pulmonary system limitation to exercise in healthy aging.
- Between 60-80 years of age (inclusively)
- Healthy, i.e. free of cardiovascular disease or lung disease (including asthma)
- Non-smoking (current or smoked less than 20 packs per year in the past)
If a participant is eligible he/she will be asked to come to St. Paul’s Hospital for 2 visits:
- 1st Visit: Breathing tests followed by an exercise test on an upright stationary bicycle.
- 2nd Visit: Exercise test on an upright stationary bicycle.
- Each visit will take approximately 3 hours.
- Total time commitment – A total of 6 hours over 2 visits.
If you are interested please contact Yannick Molgat-Seon at 604-822-4384 or email@example.com for more information.